Savannah™ S is I.C.P.’s 2010
innovation. It was born from the wish to make the Savannah™
more refined and elegant and complete the aesthetical improvement process
already started last year with the
Savannah™ XL, whose front part
fuselage was completely modified.
This year we
have paid attention to the back side of the aircraft. We have left the wings
unchanged, because they have always proved to be the key force of the
Savannah™, above all in VG (vortex
generators) version, thanks to the combination of the wide wing surface with
the high lift profile.
The object of
restyling 2010 has been the tail trunk; we have removed the corners, so the
typical squared shape has been replaced by a sinuous bending that gives
harmony and completeness to the whole aircraft, without taking away the well
known features of solidity and safety.
Savannah™ S joins inside all
the previous versions’ improvement:
The wings with vortex generators, that
imply a cruise speed increase up to180 Km/h, without compromising the
very low stalling speed
The cockpit wider dimensions, able to lodge
comfortably also the taller pilots
The adjustable rudder pedals, standard or
advanced position of 10 cm
The panoramic view thanks to the canopy and
the doors fully transparent
Aerodynamic profiling improved thanks to
the streamlined engine cowling and to the major slope of the windscreen
Wider and higher positioned instruments
panel, to leave more space to the knees.
Press Play in the middle of the picture and watch the
Savannah™ S video
Savannah™ S is a monoplane type, with two side-by-side seats, fitted with a high wing supported by struts.
- The airframe structure is a full-metal one with load-resisting panels.
- The wing presents a “high lift” NACA 650-18 modified airfoil with Junkers type flaperon (aileron + flap) with manual or electrical (optional) control.
- Trim with electrical control on the elevator and with manual control on the rudder.
- It’s possible to install a parachute “Junkers 500” type.
- The tanks are installed into the wings and have 36 litres capacity each. They are communicating and flow into a collection sump, placed in the fuselage, provided with drain valve and with fuel reserve indicator connected to a push-to-test light.
- The two large lateral doors allow an easy independent access to the cabin and they may be removed for flying in hot regions or to take pictures.
- The cockpit is completely sound insulated and covered with upholstery or fitted carpet.
- For a better visibility, the doors and the roof are fully transparent.
- The cabin arrangement features two canvas or upholstery covered side-by-side seats.
- The luggage van, situated behind the seats and accessible during the flight, may contain up to 45 lbs (20 kilograms)
- The cabin’s ventilation is provided by an opening between the doors and the upper part of the cabin door frame. A dynamic air scoop intended to extract the cabin air is fitted at the bottom of the baggage compartment. It’s possible to improve the cabin ventilation by using two rotating air scoops in the doors windows.
- Heating system can be orientated on feet or on windshield with control on the dashboard.
- Cabin light.
- The main landing gear is made by a single-piece aluminium alloy single-leaf leg.
- The nose landing gear (in tri-cycle configuration) is fitted with a telescopic, elastic chord shock absorber, and is steerable in order to ease the taxiing.
- The hydraulic drum brakes are independent and operate on the main landing gear’s wheels.
- The engine cowling is completely removable to permit an easier engine van inspection.
- On the upper cowling has been inserted a little door that allows an easy inspection of the oil level.
- It’s possible to choose between two different engines:
Rotax 912 UL 2 - 80 Hp with two-blade prop “Duc” with adjustable pitch on the ground;
Rotax 912 ULS 2 - 100 Hp with three-blade prop “Duc” with adjustable pitch on the ground;
- The nose is completed with a glass fiber spinner 260 mm diameter.
- The new ring engine mount, that supports the engine by the rear, makes possible to have less vibrations.
- The fuel system is provided with an additional electric pump shielded anti-heat.
Anemometer D. 3 1/8” with coloured arcs
Altimeter D. 3 1/8” with setting window
Variometer D. 3 1/8”
Sljp and skid indicator
External temperature indicator + airbox (for Rotax 912 ULS only)